This link provides an overview of the AMC Apprenticeship Program tracks and courses offered through the AMC. Find out more information on how you or your company can become involved or enrolled in the AMC Apprenticeship Program.
The AMC offers three types of specialized trainings: Apprenticeship, Certificate, and Customized Training. Learn how the AMC can assist you with your training needs.
The AMC offers assessments for companies to determine employee skills for pre-employment.
Welcome to The Academy for Manufacturing Careers : : : :
The Academy for Manufacturing Careers (AMC) is a Skilled Trades Related Technical Instruction (RTI)/Apprenticeship customized training program designed by manufacturers to meet the needs of manufacturers across south-central Michigan. The AMC is sponsored by and delivered through the Jackson Area Manufacturers Association (JAMA) in partnership with The Enterprise Group of Jackson, Inc. (EG) and South Central Michigan Works! (SCMW!)Learn More
- AMC was first discussed at meetings in November 2003 after our local community college did not get a millage increase approval from the voters and soon thereafter dropped all manufacturing-related skilled trades courses.
- AMC was developed by over 70 area manufacturing companies in partnership with South Central Michigan Works! and in collaboration with area secondary and post-secondary educational institutions (including the local community college) and other community resources.
- AMC was approved by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Apprenticeship as a registered apprenticeship program in April 2005.
- AMC officially opened it doors with a handful of registered apprentices and offered its first class (Welding I) in April 2005.
- AMC was designated by the State of Michigan as a Regional Skills Alliance in 2005.
- AMC was approved by the State of Michigan as a Proprietary School licensed by the State in December 2008.
- AMC was recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Labor as a 21st Century Registered Apprenticeship Trailblazer and Innovator in 2012. Only 70 of the more than 2,000 apprenticeship programs nationwide received this honor.
- AMC was spotlighted by the White House in 2014 as a "promising approach" to helping the long-term unemployed re-enter the job market.
- AMC was honored by the Great Lakes Manufacturing Council in 2014 as one of 30 Talented Workforce Initiative programs within the eight U.S. states and two Canadian provinces served by the Council.