Benefits of Joining JAMA
JAMA Member Benefits
Being a member of the Jackson Area Manufacturers Association (JAMA) gets you access to a number of valuable benefits. JAMA member benefits include:
- Job postings on the JAMA website
- Resume postings on the JAMA website
- Engage Your Team's 15-20 minute SAVE™ Manufacturing free online assessment provides a snapshot of your company’s performance in 14 vital areas, including competitive advantage, customer service and retention, sales & marketing, leadership development and more. Visit Engage Your Team's special JAMA member website for details.
- Employee Benefits Benchmarking provided by the Walton Insurance Group. Compare your benefits offerings—premiums, employee contributions amounts, deductible levels and copays, HSA/HRA, wellness program benefits, and more—to similarly-sized companies in your industry cluster across the state, regionally and nationally. This service taps into the largest nationwide annual survey of its kind, with over 18,000 health plans from 12,000 employers included.
- Transformation Planner Performance Benchmarking (a $595 value) from MMTC. Upon completion and evaluation of a brief questionnaire, your company receives a customized, completely confidential report comparing your performance compared to others in your industry segment across over 50 metrics, including: sales growth, productivity, schedule integrity, delivery, inventory turns, scrap and rejects.
- Increase bottom line earnings (potentially up to 300% ROI) by aligning your Human and Operational Resources with performance benchmarking. It is proven and compliments ISO, Six Sigma and other typical manufacturing practices. Now available to JAMA members with guaranteed results from Result Global. There is no administration cost and you select your participating employees. Call now: 888-737-8581.
- 401(k) Plan Review, Benchmarking and Evaluation (Retail value: $2,500 and up) performed by CAPTRUST Financial Advisors, an independent retirement plan advisory firm headquartered in Clarkston, MI, specializing in providing 401(k) and 403(b) plans to Michigan companies. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) requires companies to perform a marketplace comparison for its 401(k) retirement plans every 3-5 years. The 401(k) benchmark offered free of charge to JAMA members by CAPTRUST meets the DOL’s requirement while providing a cost comparison of comparable retirement plans along with an evaluation of the performance of investments within your current plan(s) using Morningstar peer group ratings. To take advantage of this no-cost service to JAMA members, please contact Errol Hau toll-free at 888-655-4015, by phone at 248-620-8100 or by e-mail at Errol.Hau@captrustadvisors.com.
- Complimentary Cyber Security Assessment—including a detailed report with recommendations—from Data Protection International (DPI), PLUS a free two-hour security consultation with a professional hacker (a $400 value). Armed with the information from this assessment and optional consultation, a business can make informed decisions about their risks. DPI, based here in Jackson, Michigan, specializes in IT security consulting and secure technology solutions, including forensic cyber security audits, disaster recovery planning and security assurance monitoring. Want to engage a trusted entity to hack your systems and share with you your vulnerabilities and how to cost effectively implement defensive measures? Contact DPI/Securencrypt by phone at 888-208-8733.
- Leadership and Management Training, Coaching, & Mentoring tailored to your needs, one-on-one, or in small groups. Special topics available include: Leadership Strategy Assessment and Development, Business Startup, Team Building and Cross Collaboration, Leadership and Employee Engagement for New Market Area Penetration, and Leadership Transition Training, Strategy and System Deployment. For more information on project ROI or a free evaluation, please call: 888-737-858.
- Assistance with implementation of manufacturing best practices
- Assistance connecting with other manufacturers to compete and win additional business
- Legislative and media advocacy
- Partnerships with state and national manufacturing associations
- 24/7 Member-to-Member networking via member-only e-mail discussion lists
- Preferential rates on JAMA-hosted training and seminars
- Discount of 10% on first purchase of Amigo Mobility motorized material handling products, including the MAX™ powered tugger cart, MAX Pro™ powered platform truck, DEX™ powered personnel carrier and DEX Pro™ riding platform cart. These carts are designed with safety and ease of use in mind, and they require no formal training or certification to operate. Plus they’re built here in Michigan! For more info about the products, visit www.amigocarts.com or view the product brochure at www.flipsnack.com/Amigomobility/product-guide.html. For more info, including pricing, contact Jennifer Kehres, Amigo Industrial Sales Manager, by phone at 989-921-5015 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Discount on ALL hearing devices carried by Fluke Hearing Instruments, plus free hearing test screenings at one of Fluke’s 15 Michigan locations (with on-site employee testing available on request). The discount, which can amount to hundreds of dollars in savings, is over and above any insurance benefit that may apply and includes a three-year parts and labor warranty (excluding Flow 2), three-year loss/damage coverage (excluding Flow 2), one year of batteries and lifetime cleaning and adjustment service all at no additional cost. To take advantage of this offer, JAMA member employees or their family members should make an appointment by calling 866-334-7712 or going online to www.flukehearing.com/freehearingtest. Mention JAMA while making or attending the appointment and provide proof of employment at a JAMA member company to obtain the discount. For additional information or to discuss on-site testing for your employees, contact Steve Sluka by phone at 517-214-0158 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 20% discount on all Data Protection International (DPI) and Securencrypt cybersecurity products and services. From DPI, this includes but isn’t limited to cyber security audits, monitoring services, server imaging and data backup, and DPI’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) service for organizations that have need for a comprehensive information security program but don’t have a full-time IT Manager, CTI, CISO and security team on staff. The discount offer also applies to all Securencrypt offerings, including their SE-OPS ransomware and keylogger protection and SE-RAE remote authentication encryption software. Contact DPI/Securencrypt by phone at 888-208-8733.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) participation discounts through the Employee Resource Network (ERN)
- A 20% discount on Leadership Benchmarking PLUS Free Leadership Roundtable. Increase your top-line earnings(value of $3,500) by aligning your leadership vision and benchmarking performance to your business strategic growth based on 30 years of experience and hundreds of satisfied clients. Call Engage Your Team at 616- 871-0270 for complete details.
- Discount rates on staffing services provided by HRU Technical Resources, a Lansing-based contingent staffing firm specializing in manufacturing, engineering, IT and other technical placements. For details, contact Todd Briggs at 517-272-5888 x208 or email@example.com.
- Nearly 25% discount on the patented BaxMAX Lumbar Support System through T.D. Emmons Sales & Distribution, LLC. BaxMAX has been called "undeniably the best back support ever made". Contact Todd Emmons by phone at 517-745-2205 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a demo or more info.
- Annually-produced hardcopy Member Directory
- Online searchable Membership Directory
- Demographic, community and area wage/salary information available on request
Professional Development and Training:
- Supervisor Training
- Academy for Manufacturing Careers (AMC) Apprenticeship, Certificate and Customized skilled trades training
- MIOSHA safety and health seminars
- Internal Auditor training: ISO 9001, AS 9100 (Aerospace), ISO/TS 16949 (Automotive), ISO 13485 (Medical), ISO 14001 (Environmental), etc.
- In-depth sessions that provide the tools and knowledge for implementing Lean, Six Sigma, Activity-Based Costing, Strategic Planning, Market Diversification, and more
Networking, Marketing and Community Opportunities