JAMA Listserve Usage Guidelines
Obey the Rules!
By subscribing to any Jackson Area Manufacturers Association ("JAMA") listserve, users agree to the terms and conditions contained in these guidelines. These guidelines may be modified from time to time and such modifications shall be effective upon their posting to JAMA’s website at www.jacksonjama.org/jama-listserv-usage.
- JAMA listserves shall not be used to advertise products or services unless such product or service is specifically sponsored by JAMA or otherwise approved by JAMA’s President/Executive Director. This prohibition includes announcement of programs that are not sponsored or co-sponsored by JAMA. Any such announcement or advertisement should be made only by JAMA staff or with JAMA staff approval after such item has been submitted for pre-distribution review. To submit a message for review, e-mail to JAMA’s President/Executive Director at email@example.com.
- JAMA listservs may not be used for posting of open positions. Posting of open positions should be done using JAMA's online Job Bank.
- Messages posted to a JAMA listserve should be limited to the issues and business for which the listserve was established. Do not make postings that are off-topic from the listserve's focus area.
- If another person posts a comment or question that is off-topic, do NOT reply to the list as this keeps the off-subject conversation going publicly.
- Do not send inflammatory messages or messages containing personal invective to a JAMA listserv. Profanity, vulgarity, or derogatory, defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, or illegal remarks are not appropriate.
- Be extremely judicious in your use of the "Reply All" button in your e-mail software. Do NOT reply to all if you are replying with a message that just says "thanks for the information," to request to receive a copy of what someone has already offered to share, or simply to agree with someone (such as "me, too"). Instead, please use your e-mail software's Reply feature to only send your response directly to the e-mail address of the person who posted the message to which you wish to reply.
- Please use discretion when forwarding a long message or a message with a large file attachment to a JAMA listserve. It's preferable to reference the source of a document and provide instructions on how to obtain a copy.
- Do not use any JAMA listserve as a method of advocating a political, religious or other personal position.
- Do not post text from someone else's personal email to a JAMA listserve without the express permission of the original email's author.
- Do not post to any JAMA listserve any message, data, information, text or other material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive or otherwise injurious to third parties.
- Do not distribute through any JAMA listserve any content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, create any liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
- Do not impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity on a JAMA listserve.
- Do not distribute through any JAMA listserve any content such as petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid schemes, advertising or solicitations for funds, political campaigning, mass mailings, any form of unsolicited commercial or promotional email ("spam") or an offering of unlawful or fraudulent goods, services, schemes or promotions.
- Do not disseminate through any JAMA listserve harmful content including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, zombies, cancel bots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, program, data or personal information.
- Do not discuss fees for any legal services or any information that might be construed as price fixing, a boycott, an illegal restriction of free trade or any other antitrust violation.
- Do not post specific wage, salary or benefits information about your company or any other specific company on a JAMA listserve.
- Any requests regarding administrative tasks such as being added or removed from a list should be made by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org and should not be sent to the list itself.
- Remember that all listserve posts will be viewed by hundreds of people. Therefore, you should NOT post anything to a JAMA listserve that you do not wish to be public.
- Users of a JAMA listserve may be held individually liable for any communications they send through the listserve, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, antitrust, anti-competitive, illegal, false or unauthorized information.
- Logos and taglines used as part of a signature or otherwise included in an email posted to any JAMA listserve should be discrete and of a size, placement, and description as normally used by the sender.
- Users of a JAMA listserve must comply with all state and federal copyright, trademark and patent laws and regulations. By posting material on a JAMA listserve, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. It is a violation of JAMA policy to post information that is not original unless it meets the ‘fair use’ guidelines of copyright law, or unless the user has received permission to reproduce such information from the original source. If there is any question as to whether a particular transmission contains information in violation of federal copyright law, the user should not post that information on any JAMA listserve.
- By using a JAMA listserve, users agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, JAMA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and parent from and against all loss, claims, demands, causes of action, liabilities, expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees and costs arising from any claim arising out of or resulting from in whole or part any breach of these guidelines by the user or any omission or act taken by the user. In no event will JAMA be responsible to the users for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages or losses users may incur in connection with any JAMA listserve or any of the data or other materials transmitted through or residing on any JAMA listserve, even if JAMA has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- JAMA ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE OPINIONS AND/OR INFORMATION POSTED ON OR THROUGH ANY JAMA LISTSERVE.
- JAMA may, but does not assume the obligation to, monitor discussions taking place through any of its listserves. JAMA reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these guidelines. JAMA may remove any user from any or all JAMA listserves for violation of these guidelines. Further, JAMA reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to temporarily suspend or permanently remove a listserve in circumstances where JAMA deems such action to be warranted.
For additional information or clarification concerning these guidelines, you may contact JAMA’s President/Executive Director at email@example.com.