Website Xcel Staffing
-Need experienced machinists
The purpose of this document is to define and describe the duties, authority and responsibility of Machinist.
Machinist is appointed by the Machine Shop Foreman and/or Plant Manager. This person will be given the authority to enable them to perform the duties of this position
1. To be available and on time as required, on a daily basis to perform a variety of machining tasks on tool room machines.
2. To maintain a cooperative working relationship with employees and visitors.
3. Operate equipment in a safe manner and comply with company safety procedures.
4. To follow QS9000/TE policies and procedures as they relate to the job functions.
5. To fill out time tickets accurately and neatly.
6. Maintain records as required and as defined by the supervisor.
7. To conduct themselves in a safe, respectful and professional manner.
8. Maintain housekeeping in work area, keeping area clear of all hazards, maintaining a dry floor, put tools away at the end of each shift, etc.
1. Following blueprints, sketches, written and/or verbal instructions to produce finished
parts using tool room machines and hand tools.
2. Make machine and part setups as required.
3. Accurately inspect parts.
4. Report injuries or accidents resulting from an on-the job situation to supervisor immediately.
5. Begin work at the designated starting time.
6. Notify supervisor when an error is made in work and/or rework is required.
7. Perform machine maintenance on various machine tools.
8. Turn in time tickets punctually as required.
9. Complete all required records accurately and neatly and provide to supervisor as required.
10. Other related duties and special assignments as requested.