Website Xcel Staffing
The purpose of this document is to define and describe the duties, authority and responsibility of a Detailer/Designer.
The Detailer/Designer is appointed by the Chief Engineer/Dept. Coordinator. This person will be given the authority to enable them to perform the duties of this position.
1. Redesign existing products and design new products to incorporate new materials, newly developed commercial components, and new design concepts for the purpose of satisfying the requirements of a project.
2. Maintain project schedules, objectives and goals as established for the Engineering Department by the Engineering Manager.
3. Aid and assist all engineers assigned to help them with their projects.
4. To maintain a cooperative working relationship with employees.
5. Special projects as assigned.
6. To follow QS9000/TE policies and procedures as they relate to the job function.
7. To conduct themselves in a safe, respectful and professional manner.
1. Prepare and maintain project schedules with the assistance of the Project Engineer or Chief Engineer/Dept. Coordinator.
2. Prepares design layout or detail drawings of mechanical or controls nature.
3. Corrects and back checks errors in drawings.
4. Makes routine calculations and filed measurements.
5. Ensures design specifications are met including tolerances, finish and fit requirements.
6. Complete parts lists, bills of materials and 10A sheets.
7. Provide instruction in assembly and machine set-up to insure compliance with specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. This position will require the individual to sit at a drafting table or desk and prepare drawings.
2. This position may require bending, stooping or squatting at various times throughout the day in order to file or retrieve drawings.
3. This position may require the individual to be present on the shop floor to offer assistance to assembly or manufacturing personnel.
4. This position may require the use of a computer, blueprint machine and other copying/printing machines.
5. This position may require the individual to travel both domestically and internationally.
6. This position may require overtime as determined by the Engineering Manager and/or Chief Engineer.
7. Personal hygiene and attire must be professional and business-like nature.