Being a member of the Jackson Area Manufacturers Association (JAMA) gets you access to a number of valuable benefits. JAMA member benefits include:
- Job postings on the JAMA website
- 24/7 Member-to-Member networking via JAMA’s member-only e-mail discussion list
- A no-cost Courtesy Membership in Automation Alley, Michigan’s lead organization helping companies better understand and take advantage of Industry 4.0 (aka, the fourth industrial revolution). Automation Alley’s normal annual membership fees range from $750 for small companies up to $20,000 for “Foundation” companies that are Industry 4.0 leaders and innovators. This Automation Alley Courtesy Membership gives JAMA member companies access to weekly content from industry leading companies, data-rich research from universities and colleges, and specific action items and first steps for companies interested in exploring how new technology implementation leads to a competitive advantage. Best of all, JAMA member companies are automatically enrolled as Automation Alley courtesy members!
- Transformation Planner Performance Benchmarking from The Center (aka the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center). Upon completion and evaluation of a brief questionnaire, your company will receive a customized, completely confidential report comparing your performance to others in your industry segment across over 50 metrics, including: sales growth, productivity, schedule integrity, delivery, inventory turns, scrap and rejects.
- Engage Your Team’s SAVE™ Manufacturing free assessment provides a snapshot of your company’s performance in 14 vital areas, including competitive advantage, customer service and retention, sales & marketing, leadership development and more. Visit Engage Your Team’s JAMA member website for details.
- Employee Benefits Benchmarking provided by the Walton Insurance Group. Compare your benefits offerings—premiums, employee contributions amounts, deductible levels and copays, HSA/HRA, wellness program benefits, and more—to similarly-sized companies in your industry cluster across the state, regionally and nationally. This service taps into the largest nationwide annual survey of its kind, with over 18,000 health plans from 12,000 employers included.
- Willis & Machnik Financial Services will perform a detailed Retirement Plan Audit and initial consultation at your place of business for JAMA member companies AND their employees! For companies, this audit will help you maximize your company retirement plan benefits. For your employees, it will help guide them through the process of saving enough for their retirement (while also showing your employees that you care about their long-term well-being). Contact Willis & Machnik today at 517-784-5556 to schedule an appointment.
- Increase bottom line earnings (potentially up to 300% ROI) by aligning your Human and Operational Resources with performance benchmarking. It is proven and compliments ISO, Six Sigma and other typical manufacturing practices. Now available to JAMA members with guaranteed results from Result Global. There is no administration cost and you select your participating employees. Call now: 888-737-8581.
- A two-to-four-hour trial of SymaTree Massage, LLC’s on-site Therapeutic Massage service designed to help companies reduce their worker’s comp injury claims and mitigate risks of both acute and chronic pain. SymaTree offers a proven, safe and effective way to improve employee wellness and decrease work-related discomfort. This is also a great perk for increasing employee satisfaction and loyalty! All therapy offered is provided by a Michigan state certified massage therapist with extensive experience in the manufacturing sector. Contact SymaTree Massage’s Philip Van Dyke by phone at 517-416-1148 or by e-mail at SymaTreeMassage@gmail.com to take advantage of this free JAMA member trial.
- Printer Source Plus is offering with the purchase of an Epson WF 20600, 20750, or 21000 with a service & maintenance agreement and receive either your first 30,000 pages FREE of charge or a staple finisher FREE.
- Assistance with implementation of manufacturing best practices
- Assistance in connecting with other manufacturers to compete and win additional business
- Legislative and media advocacy
- Partnerships with state and national manufacturing associations
- Preferential rates on JAMA-hosted training and seminars
- Discount of 10% on first purchase of Amigo Mobility motorized material handling products, including the MAX™ powered tugger cart, MAX Pro™ powered platform truck, DEX™ powered personnel carrier and DEX Pro™ riding platform cart. These carts are designed with safety and ease of use in mind, and they require no formal training or certification to operate. Plus they’re built here in Michigan! For more info about the products, visit Amigo’s Industrial Products. For more info, including pricing, contact Jennifer Kehres, Amigo Industrial Sales Manager, by phone at 989-921-5015 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For JAMA member family-owned businesses (FOBs) and close partnerships, Invite Family Business Consulting offers discounts on succession planning, leadership development, conflict resolution, organizational restructuring, employee engagement and other strategic business consulting services. Invite’s owner, Dr. Becky Veydt, is a veteran of the family-owned business world, having personally owned/co-owed three FOBs, grew up in one (now in its 4th generation), and with 11 FOBs in her extended family. Coupling her 20+ years as a senior business consultant and leadership coach with her in-depth, frontline experience with FOB culture, “Dr. Becky” is uniquely qualified to help family-owned businesses navigate even the toughest of problems. To arrange for a FREE confidential consultation, contact Invite by phone at 517-937-3519 or visit www.inviteconsulting.com or e-mail Becky at email@example.com.
- Discount on ALL hearing devices carried by Your Hearing Solution, plus free hearing test screenings (with on-site employee testing available on request). The discount, which can amount to hundreds of dollars in savings, is over and above any insurance benefit that may apply. To take advantage of this offer, JAMA member employees or their family members should call 517-783-5853 or go online to www.hearing-solution.com. Mention JAMA and provide proof of employment at a JAMA member company to obtain the discount. For additional information or to discuss on-site testing for your employees, contact Steve Sluka by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Midwest Advisors offers discounted member pricing on their solutions for debt and equity financing, restructuring and turnaround services, merger and acquisitions, and strategic business consulting. Jason Sanders, First Midwest Advisors’ owner is a seasoned Jackson-based professional with over 25 years of corporate advisory experience delivering creative capital solutions and developing trusted advisor relationships with business clients. To schedule a FREE confidential consultation with Jason and his team, contact First Midwest Advisors at 517-206-7464 or www.firstmidwestadvisors.com, or email Jason at email@example.com.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) participation discounts through the Employee Resource Network (ERN).
- A 20% discount on Leadership Benchmarking PLUS Free Leadership Roundtable. Increase your top-line earnings(value of $3,500) by aligning your leadership vision and benchmarking performance to your business strategic growth based on 30 years of experience and hundreds of satisfied clients. Call Engage Your Team at 616-871-0270 for complete details.
- Discount rates on staffing services provided by HRU Technical Resources, a Lansing-based contingent staffing firm specializing in manufacturing, engineering, IT and other technical placements. For details, contact Todd Briggs at 517-272-5888 x208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nearly 25% discount on the patented BaxMAX Lumbar Support System through T.D. Emmons Sales & Distribution, LLC. BaxMAX has been called “undeniably the best back support ever made”. Contact Todd Emmons by phone at 517-745-2205 or via e-mail at email@example.com for a demo or more info.
Professional Development & Training
- Supervisor Training
- Academy for Manufacturing Careers (AMC) Apprenticeship, Certificate and Customized skilled trades training
- MIOSHA safety and health seminars
- Internal Auditor training: ISO 9001, AS 9100 (Aerospace), ISO/TS 16949 (Automotive), ISO 13485 (Medical), ISO 14001 (Environmental), etc.
- In-depth sessions that provide the tools and knowledge for implementing Lean, Six Sigma, Activity-Based Costing, Strategic Planning, Market Diversification, and more
Networking, Marketing & Community Opportunities
Membership Dues Structure
- Small Manufacturer (Under 15 employees) $550 (100% applicable to training)
- Manufacturer (15 employees and above) $550
- Plus: First 200 employees @$1.92 each
- Next 300 employees @ $1.08 each
- Next 500 employees @ $.96 each
- Next 500 employees @ $.72 each
- Up to a maximum of 1500 Employees & Over: $1,944
- Associate Membership (non-manufacturer) $550
- School Membership (applies to K-12 and college) $200