Being a member of the Jackson Area Manufacturers Association (JAMA) gets you access to a number of valuable benefits. JAMA member benefits include:
- 24/7 Member-to-Member networking via JAMA’s member-only e-mail discussion list
- A no-cost Courtesy Membership in Automation Alley, Michigan’s lead organization helping companies better understand and take advantage of Industry 4.0 (aka, the fourth industrial revolution). Automation Alley’s normal annual membership fees range from $750 for small companies up to $20,000 for “Foundation” companies that are Industry 4.0 leaders and innovators. This Automation Alley Courtesy Membership gives JAMA member companies access to weekly content from industry-leading companies, data-rich research from universities and colleges, and specific action items and first steps for companies interested in exploring how new technology implementation leads to a competitive advantage. Best of all, JAMA member companies are automatically enrolled as Automation Alley courtesy members!
- Transformation Planner Performance Benchmarking from The Center (aka the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center). Upon completion and evaluation of a brief questionnaire, your company will receive a customized, completely confidential report comparing your performance to others in your industry segment across over 50 metrics, including sales growth, productivity, schedule integrity, delivery, inventory turns, scrap and rejects.
- Engage Your Team’s SAVE™ Manufacturing free assessment provides a snapshot of your company’s performance in 14 vital areas, including competitive advantage, customer service and retention, sales & marketing, leadership development and more. Visit Engage Your Team’s JAMA member website for details.
- Employee Benefits Benchmarking provided by the Walton Insurance Group. Compare your benefits offerings—premiums, employee contributions amounts, deductible levels, and copays, HSA/HRA, wellness program benefits, and more—to similarly-sized companies in your industry cluster across the state, regionally, and nationally. This service taps into the largest nationwide annual survey of its kind, with over 18,000 health plans from 12,000 employers included.
- Join forces with JAMA and Walton to acquire a prompt, streamlined, and all-encompassing quote for a comprehensive cyber insurance policy. By choosing JAMA CYBER in partnership with Walton, you’ll not only receive a comprehensive plan for cyber protection, but also gain access to additional services and resources. Learn more here.
- Willis & Machnik Financial Services will perform a detailed Retirement Plan Audit and initial consultation at your place of business for JAMA member companies AND their employees! For companies, this audit will help you maximize your company retirement plan benefits. For your employees, it will help guide them through the process of saving enough for their retirement (while also showing your employees that you care about their long-term well-being). Contact Willis & Machnik today at 517-784-5556 to schedule an appointment.
- Increase bottom line earnings (potentially up to 300% ROI) by aligning your Human and Operational Resources with performance benchmarking. It is proven and complements ISO, Six Sigma, and other typical manufacturing practices. Now available to JAMA members with guaranteed results from Result Global. There is no administration cost and you select your participating employees. Call now: 888-737-8581.
- A two-to-four-hour trial of SymaTree Massage, LLC’s on-site Therapeutic Massage service designed to help companies reduce their worker’s comp injury claims and mitigate risks of both acute and chronic pain. SymaTree offers a proven, safe and effective way to improve employee wellness and decrease work-related discomfort. This is also a great perk for increasing employee satisfaction and loyalty! All therapy offered is provided by a Michigan state-certified massage therapist with extensive experience in the manufacturing sector. Contact SymaTree Massage’s Philip Van Dyke by phone at 517-416-1148 or by e-mail at SymaTreeMassage@gmail.com to take advantage of this free JAMA member trial.
- Assistance with the implementation of manufacturing best practices
- Assistance in connecting with other manufacturers to compete and win additional business
- Legislative and media advocacy
- Partnerships with state and national manufacturing associations
- This Michigan Chamber will provide a comprehensive analysis of current billing, including complex rules, regulations and tariffs of respective utility providers (electric, natural gas, sewer/water, waste removal, & telecom (wireless & internet)), and help find savings and refunds-or peace of mind. There is a no risk and zero obligation.
- Preferential rates on JAMA-hosted training and seminars
- Discount of 10% on first purchase of Amigo Mobility motorized material handling products, including the MAX™ powered tugger cart, MAX Pro™ powered platform truck, DEX™ powered personnel carrier and DEX Pro™ riding platform cart. These carts are designed with safety and ease of use in mind, and they require no formal training or certification to operate. Plus they’re built here in Michigan! For more info about the products, visit Amigo’s Industrial Products. For more info, including pricing, contact Jennifer Kehres, Amigo Industrial Sales Manager, by phone at 989-921-5015 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For JAMA member family-owned businesses (FOBs) and close partnerships, Invite Family Business Consulting offers discounts on succession planning, leadership development, conflict resolution, organizational restructuring, employee engagement and other strategic business consulting services. Invite’s owner, Dr. Becky Veydt, is a veteran of the family-owned business world, having personally owned/co-owed three FOBs, grew up in one (now in its 4th generation), and with 11 FOBs in her extended family. Coupling her 20+ years as a senior business consultant and leadership coach with her in-depth, frontline experience with FOB culture, “Dr. Becky” is uniquely qualified to help family-owned businesses navigate even the toughest of problems. To arrange for a FREE confidential consultation, contact Invite by phone at 517-937-3519 or visit www.inviteconsulting.com or e-mail Becky at email@example.com.
- First Midwest Advisors offers discounted member pricing on their solutions for debt and equity financing, business brokering, merger and acquisitions, strategic business consulting, and CFO advisory services Jason Sanders, First Midwest Advisors’ owner is a seasoned Jackson-based professional with over 25 years of corporate advisory experience delivering creative capital solutions and developing trusted advisor relationships with business clients. To schedule a FREE confidential consultation with Jason and his team, contact First Midwest Advisors at 517-206-7464 or www.firstmidwestadvisors.com, or email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) participation discounts through the Employee Resource Network (ERN).
- A 20% discount on Leadership Benchmarking PLUS Free Leadership Roundtable. Increase your top-line earnings(value of $3,500) by aligning your leadership vision and benchmarking performance to your business strategic growth based on 30 years of experience and hundreds of satisfied clients. Call Engage Your Team at 616-871-0270 for complete details.
- Discount rates on staffing services provided by HRU Technical Resources, a Lansing-based contingent staffing firm specializing in manufacturing, engineering, IT and other technical placements. For details, contact Todd Briggs at 517-272-5888 x208 or email@example.com.
- Nearly 25% discount on the patented BaxMAX Lumbar Support System through T.D. Emmons Sales & Distribution, LLC. BaxMAX has been called “undeniably the best back support ever made”. Contact Todd Emmons by phone at 517-745-2205 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a demo or more info.
- JAMA members are eligible to receive a 5% discount on qualifying proposals or course registration fees for any of the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center’s services. The discount can only be redeemed before services are performed and may not be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotions. The Center’s terms, conditions, scheduling and cancellation policies remain in effect with this offer. Please email Melissa Hull to schedule your next training at email@example.com.
- Printer Source Plus is offering either your first 30,000 pages FREE of charge or a staple finisher FREE, with the purchase of an Epson WF 20600, 20750, or 21000 with a service & maintenance agreement.
- JTV offers 20% off any new website build or video production and free google ad consultation and 10% off digital suite package.
- The Adler Mortgage Team with CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC with their Preferred Mortgage Savings Plan, are offering quality education resources, excellent customer service, and access to competitive mortgage rates, all at no cost. As an Affinity Partner, CrossCountry Mortgage will pay up to $2,198 of the following lender fees that are associated with closing costs on a mortgage: Underwriting Fee, Processing Fee, Appraisal Fee, Credit Report Fee, Flood Certificate Fee. This program is good for any employee of a member company of the association who wants to purchase a new home, a second/vacation home, an investment home, or refinance their current mortgage. To learn more about this program: Apply For A Home Purchase | CrossCountry Mortgage
- Convergence Networks is offering JAMA members an exclusive 10% discount on Managed IT and Cybersecurity Service Plans. With over 20 years of experience, Convergence has consistently set the standard and led the way in IT and cybersecurity. Convergence understands the unique challenges faced by Michigan-based manufacturing businesses and has been navigating the unique IT and cybersecurity landscapes for years. As a JAMA member, you can also benefit from both a complimentary one-time free External Vulnerability Scan and a Dark Web Scan, along with exclusive access to events and additional promotions. Contact Rod Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website here to learn more: https://info.convergencenetworks.com/jama-members
Professional Development & Training
- Supervisor Training
- Academy for Manufacturing Careers (AMC) Apprenticeship, Certificate and Customized skilled trades training
- Internal Auditor training: ISO 9001, AS 9100 (Aerospace), ISO/TS 16949 (Automotive), ISO 13485 (Medical), ISO 14001 (Environmental), etc.
- In-depth sessions that provide the tools and knowledge for implementing Lean, Six Sigma, Activity-Based Costing, Strategic Planning, Market Diversification, and more
Networking, Marketing & Community Opportunities
2023 Membership Pricing